GATE Notification Eligibility Pattern Exam Date 2020-21
GATE 2021 Registration will be available from September 14, 2020, by IIT Bombay, on the official website of the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The last date to apply for the exam will be September 30 without any late fees. To take the examination candidates are required to fulfill the online application process before the deadline. The application form will be available by IIT Bombay for all the candidates who want to appear in the exam, according to the official notice GATE 2021 will be conducted from February 5-7 and February 12-13 across 200 cities in India and six cities abroad. The exam will consist of a total of 27 papers.
You will find this article helpful if you are planning to attempt the GATE 2018. For beginners, the GATE Exam is expanded Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is a National Level Entrance Test candidates need to write to get admission into M. Tech., M.E., Ph.D., in reputed institutes in India. Some of these are IITs, IISERs, IISc and other Institutes in India. Only if a candidate qualifies in Gate he can go for Postgraduate admissions like Masters and Doctoral into various Institutes. They can also go for Government Scholarships and Internships too.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 (GATE 2018) is organized in IIT Guwahati (Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati)
GATE 2018 Application Form:
- (GATE 2018 Online Application Processing System)
- The GOAPS website is active from 9/1/2017 / September 1, 2017
GATE 2018 Important Dates:
- Online Application Form Start Date: 01/09/2017 (September 1, 2017)
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 05/10/2017 (October 5, 2017)
- Request for Change in Exam City Last Date: 17/11/2017 (November 17, 2017)
- GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability Start Date: 05/01/2018 (January 5, 2018)
- GATE 2018 Exam Date –February 03, 04, 10 & 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)
Announcement of Results:
- GATE 2018 Results Announcement on Website: 17/03/2017 (March 17, 2018)
- Score Card Download Start Date: March Last Week 2018 – May Last Week 2018
- Counseling Start Date: April 2018 (2nd Week)
GATE 2018 Score Card is valid for a period of three years from Announcement of GATE 2018 Results.
How to Apply Online for GATE 2018? GATE 2018 Registration Process
- Visit official website http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
- Read GATE 2018 Application Form thoroughly
- Enter required details check for corrections
- Upload scanned documents, photographs, signature, etc.
- Pay Required Fees (available on official portal)
- Submit Form. Take Printout.
- Payment Method Online Net Banking / Debit Card / e-Challan
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /Technology (4 yrs after 10+2) / (3 yrs after B.Sc. /Diploma in Engineering / Technology)
- Final Year Students of Above Programs also Eligible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (5 yrs Final Year Students)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Four Years (B.S.) Science Program/ Final Year Students.
- Master’s in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications / Equivalent/ Final Year Students.
- Four years’ Integrated Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology (Post B.Sc.)/ Final Year Students.
- Five years’ Integrated Master’s degree / Dual Degree in Engineering / Final Year Students
- Five years Integrated M.Sc. /Five years’ Integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. Degree/ Final Year Students.
- Candidates who obtained qualifications in exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE/ MHRD Equivalent to BE /B. Tech
- Candidates who completed Section A – AMIE / Equivalent of like professional courses
Official Website : www.gate.iitg.ac.in
GATE 2017 Notification, Eligibility, Pattern, Fee, Exam Dates
Indian Institute of Sciences every year conducts Graduate Aptitude Test in order to provide admissions into post graduation courses for the Engineering students. GATE exam is conducted all over India for different streams of Engineering. Indian Institute of Sciences has released a notification welcoming applications for GATE 2017. The GATE exam 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th of February, 2017. Admissions to postgraduate courses (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecure/ Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. The validity of GATE 2017 scores shall be for three years.
GATE is an All India examination that is taken by candidates from different parts of the country. Every year huge number of candidates who are willing to do post graduation degree in Indian institutes of higher education takes this exam. Every year Indian Institute of Sciences conducts GATE exam to provide admissions to merit candidates into various post graduation courses. This year too it is all set to conduct the exam and also released the official notification welcoming applications on the same.
Institutes like IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Gauwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee participate in conducting GATE exam. We have listed out detailed information provided in the official notification in our page below. Just check out the information we have provided below about the GATE 2017 to know the application fee, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern and other details.
Eligibility Criteria to appear for GATE 2017
The official notification released by Indian Institute of Sciences for the GATE 2017 includes eligibility criteria, which needs to be satisfied by the candidates in order to take the exam.
Candidates need to satisfy this below criteria in order to take the exam.
- Candidates need to have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after +2 or 3 years after diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years) and those who are in the final year of the such program.
- Bachelors’ degree of four year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such program.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the same fourth year or higher year of the such program.
- Five year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
As always the examinations for all papers will be conducted in online mode only. Candidates can download previous year’s GATE exam papers form online.
The application fee varies from category to category and the gender. The application fee needs to be paid through online by the time mentioned. Candidates can also pay application fee through e-challan.
The application fee for women is Rs. 750/-
The application fee for SC/SC/PwD category candidates is Rs. 750/-
The application fee for all other candidates is Rs. 1500/-
The online applications can be submitted from 1st September, 2016.
The last date to submit applications is 4th October, 2016.
GATE 2017 Application forms online
As per the official notification released by Indian Institute of Sciences, the applications will be start commencing from 1st September, 2016. Candidates need to go visit the official site of GATE to know the details about the exam clearly. The applications will be made available in the official site soon. Candidates can visit online and apply for GATE 2017 starting from September 1st, 2016. The official site of GATE is http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in.
How to apply for GATE 2017?
- Go visit the official site of GATE i.e., http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in.
- In the official page find the application link and click on it.
- The application will be opened in which you need to fill in your details and upload your passport size photograph along with scanned copy of your signature and also your certificates.
- Pay the application fee depending on the category you belong to and submit the application.
Important Links :