How to Crack IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) Clerk Examinations 2016 are nearing. All the candidates those who cleared the IBPS Tier –I Preliminary Examination are anxiously preparing to clear out the IBPS Clerical Main Examination. The IBPS Clerk Main Examination is going to be held on 2nd and 3rd January 2015. Hence for the competitors those who are going to take part in IBPS Mains examination we have come up with the best tips. By fallowing these tips you can be able to clear the examinations. Keep reading..
Here are the Best Tips to Crack IBPS Clerk Mains Examination
First know you exam:
All the aspirants attending the IBPS Clerk Mains 2015 Examination must aware of the exam pattern and type of questions before going to appear for the examination. The IBPS Clerk Mains Examination will consist 5 parts, Reasoning, Numerical ability, English, General Awareness and Computers sections. Each section consists 40 questions. Each question carries 1 mark. Hence the Examination will be conducted for a total of 200 marks. Duration of the examination is 2 hours. Candidates must clear 200 questions in just 120 minutes. That is candidates must be accurate to clear the examination.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis
Let us now study the IBPS Clerk Main 2014 Exam asked questions. Let us focus on knowing on which the IBPS mains exam is focused on.
Reasoning Ability Section – 40 Qs
Most importantly the fallowing questions will be covering from the Reasoning section. Try to focus more on those topics.
- Coding Decoding – 5 Qs.
- Number Series Arrangement – 5 Qs
- Syllogism – 5Qs
- Data Sufficiency – 5 Qs
- Miscellaneous – 5 Qs
- Sitting Arrangement (Circular) – 5 Qs
- Inequality – 5 Qs
- Linear Arrangement – 5 Qs
Numerical Ability – 40 Qs
This is time taking section. Try to focus more on the topics below,
- Simplification / Approximate – 10 Qs
- Data Interpretation – 2 Sets (Table & Pie Chart) – 10 Qs
- Number Series – 5 Qs
- Miscellaneous Questions – 15 Qs
English Language – 40 Qs
English is the most easiest part of the Examination. Start with English section to save time for other sections. The questions in English section will occur like as below.
- Cloze Test – 10 Qs
- Reading Comprehension – 10 Qs
- Sentence Improvement – 5 Qs
- Parajumbles – 5 Qs
- Spotting Error – 5 Qs
- Fill in the blanks – 5 Qs
General Awareness – 40 Qs
This is also the most time saving section if the answer is known. The questions from this section consists of,
- Current Affairs – 25+ Qs
- Banking Awareness – 8 – 10
- Static – 5 – 6 Qs
Computer Section – 40 Qs
This is one of the easiest section of the whole examination. The basic knowledge of computers is enough to clear this section. The question asked are, Application Software, MS Office, Software, Hardware, and Input-Output Units.
Section wise Preparation Strategy
The IBPS Clerk Mains Examination will go in the sequence as fallows,
Reasoning Ability – (Level – Easy to Moderate)
- Syllogism / Alphanumeric Series – 5 Qs
- Seating Arrangement (Circular) – 5 Qs
- Linear Arrangement (North South) – 5 Qs
- Puzzle – 5 Qs (Floor)
- Data sufficiency – 5 Qs
- Inequality- 5 Qs.
- Coding Decoding – 5 Qs (Number/Symbol coding)
- Miscellaneous -5 questions
(Miscellaneous questions includes questions based on blood relations, ranking, direction)
Reasoning Ability Tips:
- As all of you know, Syllogism questions were not solicited in any from the Slots of IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015 Exam. So it is normal that in Mains Exam likewise IBPS take after the same example, however we are not 100% beyond any doubt about this.
- Additionally it is normal that a few questions on Logical Reasoning themes may be asked in Mains Exam. Like – Statement and Assumption, Course of Action, and so forth.
- It is normal that the level of Seating Arrangement questions would be of moderate level and in inward outward pattern.
Easy to solve
- First solve the questions related to Inequality, Syllogism, and Miscellaneous questions.
Time Consuming Questions
- Don’t start with coding and decoding, seating arrangement questions.
Numerical aptitude – (Level – Moderate)
- Simplification/ Approximation-10 Qs
- Data interpretation-10 Qs
- Number series -5 Qs
- Miscellaneous questions – 15 Qs
The miscellaneous questions will include questions from various topics like age, average, profit and loss, area, boats and stream, partnership, simple and compound interest etc.
Numerical aptitude Tips
First attempt the questions that you are comfortable with. Later move on to the tough questions in this section.
Easy to solve
First attempt those questions which require less time like Simplification, Data Interpretation, and Number series.
Don’t try to start section with time consuming topics like age, profit and loss, partnership, average, boats and stream, area, simple and compound interest etc.
English Language (Easy to Moderate)
- Reading comprehension -10 Qs (Story Based)
- Cloze test – 10 Qs (Story Based)
- Parajumbles -5 Qs (Story Based)
- Spotting error -5 Qs
- Sentence improvement -5 Qs
Easy to solve
First attempt to solve the questions from, sentence improvement, cloze test, error spotting and sentence rearrangement.
If RC would be based on Story then please try to attempt at least 6 – 7 questions from this topic. You can at least attempt 4 questions from this topic like synonyms and antonyms.
General Awareness (Easy to Moderate)
Refer to the current affairs, news papers, and various informative blogs to clear this section The section mainly focuses on,
- Current Affairs – 25 + questions is expected to come from current affairs.
- Banking Awareness – 8 – 10 questions is expected to come from Banking Awareness topics.
- Static Gk – 5 – 6 questions is expected to come from Static Gk.
Computer Knowledge (Easy to Moderate)
This is also one of the easiest section of IBPS Mains Examination. Basic knowledge of computer is enough to get good score in this section. Questions include networking, MS office (excel and word shortcuts), basic input output questions, windows and hardware and software.
Computer Knowledge Tips and Strategies
This section just requires a basic knowledge of computers. No need to allot much time for this section.
First go for English section as it is easy and time saving. Next you can plan to solve the Computer section and afterwards you can go for current affairs section.
After clearing these sections you can switch to reasoning and aptitude sections. As they are most time taking.