ASRB NET 2016 Application Form, Other Particulars And How To Apply
Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board issued notification inviting applications for ASRB National Eligibility Test (NET) for the functional year 2016. National Eligibility Test is the exam conducted by ASRB every year in order to recruit lecturers and assistant professors in state agricultural universities (SAU’s) and other agricultural universities (AU). NET exam is conducted in sessions as huge numbers of candidates participate in this exam. The exam will be conducted in 55 centers all around the country. Candidates with Masters Degree or equivalent qualification are only eligible to apply for NET exam conducted by ASRB. ASRB along with conducting NET entrance exam also conducts Agricultural Research Service (ARS) examination. ASRB is the one that shoulders the responsibility of conducting NET exam every year.
ASRB has released the notification welcoming applications from the aspiring applicants all over the country. Candidates who are going to apply must satisfy some eligibility criteria set by ASRB. We have updated our page with all the important info that is needed to apply for this exam. Check them out! The online applications are allowed from 5th June, 2016 and the end of accepting online applications is 1st July, 2016. The NET 2016 exam will be conducted on 1st August to 6th August, 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for NET 2016
- In order to take the NET exam conducted by ASRB, candidates should have Master’s degree in relevant discipline on or before 21st February, 2017.
- Candidates who did their Master’s from foreign university are eligible to apply for the exam, but the degree must be recognized by the Government of India.
- Age limit: Candidates should have 21 years as on 1st August, 2016. No upper age limit is specified in the official notification released by ASRB.
ASRB NET 2016 Exam Pattern
NET exam includes only one paper. There will be a total of 150 questions in the paper. It is an objective type exam and each question carries one marks. There is negative marking for every wrong answer given by the candidate. For every wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted. The minimum qualifying marks for NET 2016 varies from category to category. If you belong to General category then the minimum qualifying mark is 50%, if you belong to OBC category them it is 45%, and if you belong to SC/ST/PwD categories then it is 40%.
Application Fee for ASRB NET exam 2016
For candidates who fall under unreserved category the application fee is Rs. 1000/-
For candidates who fall under OBC category the application fee is: Rs. 500/-
For candidates who fall under SC/ST/PwD/ Women the application fee is Rs. 250/-
ASRB NET 2016 Selection Process
The selection process is purely based on the merit of the candidate shown in the exam and in the personal interview.
How to Apply for ASRB NET exam 2016?
- Visit the official site of ASRB i.e., asrb.org.in.
- In the official page click on the NET 2016 link on the left side and you will be directed to a new page.
- In the new page you can find the link “click here to fill NET 2016 application form”, click on it.
- On clicking the link a new window will be opened where you need to first login with your registration number and date of birth.
- After registration or login you will be asked to fill in all your particulars like qualification and after that you need to upload your photograph and signature.
- After uploading, you need to pay the fee and check slot availability before submitting.
- The last step is to print the application form.
Online registration dates:06.2016 to 01.07.2016
ASRB National Eligibility Test Date:08.2016 to 06.08.2016