BITSAT Exam Pattern Syllabus 2016
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. It is a premier institution of scientific and technological studies in the country having a status of Deemed University under the Act of UGC. This institute offers various integrated first degree programmes at its Goa, Hyderabad and Pilani campuses. For admission into these programmes, Pilani conducts an all India entrance exam that popularly known as BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) every year. It is a computer based online entrance exam and first of its kind in India. There are nearly 85000 candidates compete for a total of 2000 admission seats i.e., 600 in Goa, 800 in Pilani and 600 in Hyderabad Campuses through BITS Admission Test every year.
BITSAT Paper Pattern 2016
Candidate should have obtained a minimum 75 percent of aggregate marks in the subjects such as Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in 12th class exam, at least 60 per cent marks in each of the subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and adequate proficiency in the English subject. BITSAT is a single stage online entrance examination, which is expected to be answered within the time duration of three hours. The question paper will consists of multiple choice type questions. Each question will have four options from which students have to choose the correct one in that. The question paper consists of total 150 questions which are divided into four parts. Candidates can go through the below steps to know more information.
- Examination will be conducted in 3 hours.
- The BITSAT comprises of four different sections one section for each subject as given in the table below.
- All questions will be asked in objective type or multiple choice questions with candidates required to choose one answer out of total four options.
- Computer is programmed it will not allow any candidate to choose more than one option.
- Every correct answer will carries 3 marks
- Every incorrect answer will be deducted -1 mark
- Candidates can skip a question and they can answer it later
- The total number of questions in BITSAT 2016 is 150.
- There is no section wise time limit for the exam.
- Candidates can answer any question in any section and go back to edit their previous answers within the time.
- All questions and question Papers will be in English language
- Candidates will be given a different question papers as the questions will be randomly selected by the computer from a large database.
|Exam Sections in BITSAT 2016||Name of the subject||Total No. Of Questions|
BITSAT 2016 Exam Syllabus
Candidates who aspire for the admissions of BITSAT 2016 Engineering programmes must check the syllabus of test to be able to prepare and attempt the examination. By the help of the exam syllabus candidates can prepare according to the syllabus. Given below is the syllabus of BITSAT 2016 for the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Logical reasoning topic wise. Candidates can check the topic wise syllabus below.
Units and Measurement, Kinetics, Newton’s Laws of emotion, Impulse and Momentum, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion , Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics and Modern Physics.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen and S-block elements, p- d- and f- block elements, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Principles of organic chemistry and hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with functional groups containing oxygen and nitrogen, Biology industrial and environmental chemistry, Theoretical principles of experimental chemistry.
Algebra, Trigonometry, calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary differential equations, Two dimensional coordinate geometry, Three dimensional coordinate geometry, Differential Probability, Vectors, Statistics.
Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading comprehension, Composition
Verbal reasoning, Non verbal reasoning