Current Affairs 06th February 2016
Are you curious to know about the day to day happenings over globe? If Yes, you are at right place. Friends who are presently attempting must have a good understanding of day to day current affairs to acquire good score in the examination. Current Affairs / General Awareness is the most important task on every competitive examination like IBPS, CWE, RRB, SSC, and other top most examinations. Candidates who are having the prefect knowledge in current affairs can easily clear the paper. GA is the easy section if the answers were known. Check the daily current affairs, GK Bits from our page regularly to keep updated yourself for competitive examinations.
Current Affairs 06th February 2016
12th South Asian Games starts in Guwahati
- The 12th version of South Asian Games (SAG) has started in Guwahati, Assam after it was introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Indira Gandhi Athletics Stadium. The 11-day occasion is in effect together facilitated by Guwahati and Meghalaya capital, Shillong. More than 2,500 competitors from 8 SAARC countries viz. India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and the Maldives are taking an interest in it.
- Aggregate of 228 occasions in 23 sports controls will be played amid the recreations, which India is facilitating for the third time.
- Trademark of diversions: ‘Play for Peace, Progress and Prosperity’. Official mascot: Tikhor, a one-horned rhino that speaks to jeopardized fauna of Assam found in Kaziranga National Park. About South Asian Games SAG is biennial multi-sport occasion held among the competitors from 8 South Asian (SAARC) nations.
- It is frequently built up as the South Asian adaptation of Olympic Games. It was set up as South Asian Federation Games, yet in 2004 was renamed as South Asian Games.
- The primary release of SAG was facilitated in Kathmandu, Nepal in 1984 and has subsequent to been held like clockwork with the exception of a few events.
- India has facilitated SAG for two time, first in 1987 in Kolkata (West Bengal) and second time in 1995 in Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
- Award count: So far, India has ruled over this multi-sport occasion right from the earliest starting point and has stowed the most number of decorations – 1,728 which incorporates 900 Gold, 542 silver and 286 bronze. Pakistan (311-375-336) is second in the rundown, with Sri Lanka (185-245-455) at third.
PM Narendra Modi introduces Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited
- Head administrator Narendra Modi has introduced the Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) at Lepetkata, Assam and devoted the office to the country.
- It is the primary ever petro-concoction plant situated in the whole North-Eastern locale of Indian.
- It has been worked at expense of 10000-crore rupees and might be delivering crude material for assembling plastic.
- Head administrator additionally committed wax creating unit in Numaligarh Refinery Limited to the country.
- It is India’s most astounding wax creating unit and should be utilizing indigenous innovation. Brahamputra Cracker and Polymer Ltd The task was started as a major aspect of the noteworthy Assam Accord marked in 1985 ring the residency of Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi with the intention of general financial advancement of the North-east area.
- In 2007, then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh had established its framework stone. Stake: GAIL (India) Limited is the fundamental promoter of this plant and has 70% of value support and rest 30% is just as shared by Oil India Ltd (OIL), Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and Government of Assam.
- Feedstock for the venture: It will be Natural Gas and Naphtha. ONGC and OIL will supply Natural Gas and NRL will supply Naphtha.
US Astronaut Edgar Mitchell passes away
- United States (US) Astronaut Edgar Mitchell passed away Lake Worth, Florida under hospice care. He was 85. He was the 6th man to stroll on the Moon. He had spent over nine hours on the Moon’s surface in the Fra Mauro Highlands district as a component of the Apollo 14 mission in 1971.
- Edgar Mitchell Born on September 17, 1930 in Hereford, Texas, US. Begun his vocation as American maritime officer and pilot.
- He was chosen to be a space explorer in 1966 and was favored from the US Navy to NASA. He was assigned as reinforcement Lunar Module Pilot for Apollo 10 and had served as Lunar Module Pilot on Apollo 14.
- As a Module Pilot of Apollo 14 mission, he had assumed key part in landing Antares (the Lunar Module) in the sloping upland Fra Mauro Highlands area on the moon. He had left the NASA in 1972.
- He had set up the Institute of Noetic Sciences (INS) that went for supporting individual and aggregate change through awareness research.
- Individual perspectives: He had an epiphany in space and later dedicated his life to concentrating on the psyche and unexplained marvels. He likewise had trusted that outsiders had gone by Earth.
Leave a Reply