Current Affairs 24th March 2016
Current affairs is the most important topic of any of the competitive examination. Hence students must concentrate on current affairs / general awareness before going to a competitive examination. Here we are updating the daily current affairs for the aspirants going on with the heavy competition. Visit out page regularly to improve the GK Knowledge.
Current Affairs 24th March 2016
Walk 24: World Tuberculosis Day
- Consistently March 24 is being seen as World Tuberculosis (TB) Day to o construct open mindfulness about the worldwide pestilence of TB and endeavours to kill the infection. 2016 Theme: “Unite to End TB”.
- It was received on the lines of 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the United Nations.
- The objective 3 of the SDG tries to guarantee prosperity and wellbeing for all. It likewise incorporates an intense responsibility to end the pestilences of AIDS, intestinal sickness, tuberculosis and other transferable illnesses by 2030.
Union Government dispatches Longitudinal Aging Study in India
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare dispatched the Longitudinal Aging Study in India (LASI) to evaluate the requirements of its elderly individuals and casing arrangements appropriately.
- The study will consider study on 60,000 elderly individuals more than 25 years arrange and will be the biggest overview of its kind.
- LASI venture will be mutually supported by the Union Health Ministry, United Nation’s Population Fund-India and United States National Institute on Aging.
- The review would be embraced by the Mumbai based International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), as a team with Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and University of Southern California (USC).
- It will give Union Health Ministry adequate information on more established populace in the nation that thus would be utilized to build up deductively approved information required for their wellbeing, financial and social investigation of the more seasoned populace.
- It will explore different wellbeing structures, and effect of social determinants on soundness of the elderly.
- It will give exploratory information to encircling proof based arrangement for elderly natives and help in extending the extent of wellbeing and government managed savings approach and projects for more established populace.
Union Cabinet offers gesture to India, UAE MoU on NIIF
- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement for a MoU in the middle of India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) to assemble long haul interest in National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF).
- Choice in such manner was taken by Union Cabinet meeting led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Punjab Assembly passes Agriculture Indebtedness Bill, 2016
- Punjab Legislative Assembly has passed Punjab Settlement of Agriculture Indebtedness Bill, 2016.
- The Bill tries to give alleviation to agriculturists, workers and others reliant on agribusiness by giving them reasonable settlement of their obligation related question.
- It additionally manages speedy determination and settlement of non-institutional agrarian obligation.
India, France sign MoU for development of six atomic reactors at Jaitapur
- India and France have marked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for development of six atomic reactors at Jaitapur atomic park in Maharashtra.
- It was inked by Electricite de France (EDF), a French open utility and the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL).
- The MoU was marked after the two nations had chosen to finish up the techno-business arrangements for the Jaitapur venture before the end of 2016.
- This collaboration guide was settled amid the official state Visit of French President Francois Hollande to India in January 2016. EDF is France’s open power maker and supplier.
- It has been assigned by the French government for assuming control AREVA NP and should supply gear to for Jaitapur atomic park.