Current Affairs 26th March 2016
Current Affairs/ General Awareness is the live topic that everyone must follow. Mainly people who are applying for various examinations like IBPS, RRB, SSC Etc must be stay updated with the General Awareness / Current Affairs regularly. It is most important to crack the examination with highest marks in heavy competition. Hence for the competitors we are suggesting the important GK Bits / GA Bits regularly on our page.
Current Affairs 26th March 2016
Andhra Pradesh Government initiates nation’s first lift watering system venture
- Andhra Pradesh government initiated India’s first waterway connecting venture viz. Pattiseema lift watering system venture associating Godavari River with Krishna River from the continuous Polavaram Multi-reason Irrigation Project.
- The task has been finished in a record time of one year by the Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Limited (MEIL).
- The task has capactiry to lift 80 tmc (trillion metric cubic feet) of surge water from Godavari River in a range of 110 days amid the flooding season in the middle of July and October.
- Water is pumped up to a close-by point and released into Polavaram Right Main Canal that streams under gravity to a tributary of River Krishna around 170 km.
- The undertaking contains 24 pumps and 24 engines of 5,300 HP and 6,300 HP individually with a joined ability to release 8,500 cusecs of water. The venture requires 113 mw of energy to run all the 24 pumps as every engine require 4.7 mw of energy to lift the water.
- The main pump of this Godavari-Krishna connecting venture was introduced and exchanged on in September 2015. It will advantage the general population particularly ranchers in the Krishna delta as far as auspicious accessibility and satisfactory amounts of water.
- Polavarm venture: It was proclaimed as a national task under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 and was being subsidized by the Union Government. It is being based on Godavari River.
Mizoram Government, JICA ink MoU for advancing Sustainable Agriculture
- Mizoram government and Japanese International Cooperative Agency (JICA) have marked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on ‘Limit Enhancement for Sustainable Agriculture and Irrigation Development’.
- It was marked by the State government authorities of Agriculture, Minor Irrigation, Horticulture and Soil and Water Conservation divisions.
- The MoU will clear path for specialists of the Japanese organization to embrace specialized participation venture on the company’s cost in four country improvement obstructs in Aizawl, Serchhip, Kolasib and Champhai areas.
- The venture will be embraced in light of the advancement study directed by JICAduring 2013 and 201. In view of this study, it had detailed an end-all strategy covering 20 years and the specialized participation task would begin from October 2016 till September 2021.
- Under it preparing projects would be directed in Japan both for agriculturists and authorities from Mizoram for three times and the costs would be borne by the Japanese government.
Arvind Kejriwal named among World’s 50 Greatest Leaders by Fortune Magazine
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been named among the world’s 50 biggest pioneers by Fortune magazine. He is sole pioneer from India in the rundown and has been set at 42nd position. 2016 version is Fortune magazine’s third yearly ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ rundown and it has been topped by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- Top 10: Jeff Bezos (first position), Angela Merkel (second), Aung San Suu Kyi (third), Pope Francis (fourth), Tim Cook (fifth), John Legend (sixth), Christiana Figueres (seventh), Paul Ryan (eighth), Ruth Bader Ginsburg (ninth) and Sheik Hasina (tenth).
- Indian Americans in the rundown: Indian-American Nikki Haley and Resham Saujani were set at seventeenth and twentieth position individually. Nikki Haley is South Carolina’s Governor and Resham Saujani is originator and CEO of tech association ‘Young ladies Who Code’.
- Others in the list: US space traveler Scott Kelly and Russian cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko (22th), IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde (36), Melinda Gates and Susan Desmond-Hellmann (41th), Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (48) and Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay (50).
Leave a Reply