Current Affairs 27th February 2016
Current Affairs is the most important topic that everyone must aware of. Mainly the Current Affairs/ General Awareness is the most important section of many competitive examinations. Hence all the students who are presently studying and also the competitors attempting various competitive examinations must aware of GA/ GK Bits to obtain the good score in examination. Hence for the aspirants we are taking care here and offering the GK Bits on regular basis. Aspirants can associate to us to know the regular GK/ GA Bits.
Mumbai wins Ranji Trophy 2016
- Mumbai has won the Ranji Trophy for a season 2015-16 by crushing Saurashtra. With this triumph, Mumbai secured eight Ranji title for record 41st time (10 of them being won with innings wins) in the wake of playing in record 45 finals.
- In the last match played a Gahunje Stadium of Maharashtra Cricket Association in Pune, Mumbai vanquished Saurashtra by 21 runs. Shreyas Iyer of Mumbai was proclaimed man of the match for his 117 keeps running in the match.
- He finished the season as the main run-getter with 1321 keeps running at 73.38 including four centuries and seven fifties.
- Mumbai pacer Shardul Thakur additionally assumed vital part in triumph of group by taking five wickets for 26 keeps running in 13.2 overs.
ISRO to set up Satellite Center for in ASEAN nations in Vietnam
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is attempting to foundation of a Satellite Tracking and Data Reception Station and Data Processing Facility for ASEAN Member nations in Vietnam.
- ISRO will set up this satellite focus at the command of Union Government as a major aspect of Space Cooperation in the middle of India and Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- This data was given by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in an answer to an unstarred inquiry in Lok Sabha.
Ex-DRDO DG Dr Avinash Chander honored Aryabhata Award
- Previous DRDO Director-General (DG) Dr Avinash Chander has been honored prestigious Aryabhata Award of Astronautical Society of India.
- He was offered with this grant in acknowledgment for his commitment to rocket innovation. He was given this recompense from Dr R Chidambaram, Principal Scientific Adviser to Union Government, and Dr A S Kiran Kumar, Chairman ISRO.
Gianni Infantino chose as President of FIFA
- Gianni Infantino (45) of Switzerland has been chosen as new President of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), a worldwide administering assortment of football. He was pronounced champ subsequent to securing so as to win a second-round vote 115 of the 207 qualified votes in the 2016 FIFA Extraordinary Congress held in Zurich, Switzerland.
- He overcome Sheik Salman of Bahrain who got 88 votes took after by Prince Ali of Jordan had four and Jerome Champagne of France got zero votes.
- With this triumph, Infantino turns out to be only the third President of FIFA after Sepp Blatter who set out it toward 40 years from 1974 to 2015 and his ancestor João Havelange.
13th World Spice Congress starts in Ahmedabad
The thirteenth release of World Spice Congress (WSC) will start in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The subject of the three-day biennial occasion is ‘Target 2020: Clean, Safe and Sustainable Supply Chain’.
India, UK establishments ink assention for cooperation in Crop Sciences
- Branch of Biotechnology in the Union Ministry of Science and Technology has marked a MoU with a consortium of top United Kingdom (UK) research organizations for joint India-UK coordinated effort program in harvest science.
- The consortium UK research foundations included agents from Cambridge based National Institute for Agricultural Botany (NIAB), John Innes Center, Norwich based University of East Anglia and Rothamsted Research Institute.