Karnataka Public Service Commission or the KPSC exam otherwise called the KAS exam was constituted under the procurements of the Constitution of India on 18 May 1951. It was done so as per the procurements of provision 14 of the Public Service Commission, Regulations 1950.
Karnataka Public Service Commission Recruitment 2015
The Karnataka Public Service Commission OR KPSC is the Service Commission for the staff determination. It is engaged to do enrollment and behavior Competitive Examinations, Departmental Examinations and so on, for the different state governments’ administrations. The workplace of the Public Service Commission is situated in the building called “Udyoga Soudha”.
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)
The KAS exam can be characterized as the state civil services of Karnataka. Typically students who write the IAS exam likewise compose the Karnataka common administrations exam if the hail from Karnataka. On long advancement they are at long last get into the IAS in the event that they get chose in the KAS or Karnataka Administrative Service. The same is valid for different administrations of the state i.e. getting elevated to the national units. By giving the KPSC exam one can get into the KAS or different administrations and stay in their home state lastly get into the all India benefits through advancement. Only the competition resides in state. In this way it is advisable for all students from Karnataka to appear for the KPSCE examination. Recruitment for any departments in Karnataka will done through Karnataka Public Service Commission.
Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) examination is a three stage process:
Stage I. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
KAS Preliminary Examination is for the Selection of contender to the primary examination.
Stage II. Main Examination (Written Examination)
KAS Main Examination for choice of possibility to the identity test.
Stage III. Personality test:
KAS Personality Test is for last determination of contender to different posts/frameworks Examination Process at 3 stages as some time recently.
KAS Examination Pattern :
- Preparatory Exam :
KAS Prelims is having 2 papers
- Paper1 General studies
- Paper2 Mostly as CSAT paper2
- Mains Exam :
- Optional Subject 1 : Paper1 and Paper2
- Optional Subject 2 : Paper1 and Paper2
- General studies paper : Paper1 and Paper2
- Obligatory English and Compulsory Kannada
- Personality Test
Attempts at the Examination: KPSC Recruitment 2015
- Every candidate appearing for the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted for any number of attempts in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes,
- not more than 7 attempts in case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes
- not more than 5 attempts in case of other candidates subject to the age limit prescribed.
- Appearance of the candidate at the preliminary examination shall be deemed to be an attempt irrespective of disqualification or cancellation, as the case may be of his candidature.
KPSC Rules and Regulations :
The KPSC will follow some rules and regulations while recruiting the personnel in Govt Undertaking Services or Posts.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules 1977.
- The Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examination) Rules, 1997.
- The Karnataka Public Works Engineering Department Services (Recruitment of Assistant Executive Engineers Division-I by Competitive Examination) Rules 1973 and the Karnataka Recruitment of Assistant Executive Engineers-Division-I (Special) Rules, 1979.
- The Karnataka Education Department Services (Department of Public Instruction) (Recruitment) Rules, 1967.
- The Karnataka State Civil Services (Direct Recruitment by Selection) Rules, 1973.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Recruitment to the Ministerial Post) Rules, 1978.
Important Links : KPSC Recruitment 2015