TNEA Notification 2016 Application Form Syllabus Exam Dates
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Test is known as TNEA. The Counselling is annually being conducted by Anna University. Many of the aspiring students will register for TNEA to get admission into various courses of B.Tech /BE. The B Tech is the 4 year course that contains 8 semesters and BE is the 5 year course that contains a total of 10 semesters. As per the state statistics it was known that, every year nearly above 1.5 Lakh students enrol for TNEA Admission Process. The process of admission in various engineering colleges will be done through counselling.
Candidates who are seeking to attend the TNEA Examination can apply soon after the notification has been advertised. Candidates those who got merit in the examination will be eligible to get admission in various Govt and Govt aided colleges affiliated to Anna University. Candidates seeking admission and willing to apply for TNEA can apply in the month of May 2016. The Anna University of Tamil Nadu is going to announce the TNEA Notification 2016 in the month of May and also probably the application process will be closed in the month of May. Hence all the candidates keen to attend the examination can check and apply soon after the notification releases.
TNEA Exam Pattern | Syllabus | Application Process 2016
For the aspirants who are seeking the complete details of TNEA, here we are providing the complete information.
TNEA 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for TNEA Examination candidates must have the Nativity details.
- Children of Tamil Nadu cadre officers, all India service are eligible.
- Candidates must have completed their VIII Standard to XII Standard in Tamil Nadu. Also they need to furnish the nativity certificate while application.
- Central Govt Employees children who are residing in Tamil Nadu since 5 years are eligible to apply. Also they are supposed to enclose the parent / guardian’s employer certificate.
- Candidates who belong to other states but studied from 8th Class to 12th Class in Tamil Nadu can also apply along with Nativity Certificate.
- Tamil Nadu local candidates who have passed any of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th and Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should enclose a copy of Nativity Certificate of their parents/ Guardians.
- Sons and daughters of employees in Public Sector or Government perceived Institutions who at the season of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu persistently for as long as five years might likewise apply independent of their residence. A declaration from the business must be encased alongside the application expressing that the individual is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution worried with confirmation such as Income Tax return, PF Slips, and so on and is working in Tamil Nadu ceaselessly for as long as five years.
Educational Qualification required applying for TNEA Examination 2016:
Applicants must have passed their HSC/ Intermediate with the main subjects as MPC (Mathematics, Physics and Commerce).
Also candidates must have scored in their Intermediate as fallows.
- General Category : 50%
- Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim : 45%
- MBC & DNC : 40%
- SC/SCA/ST : 35% -40 %
- B. E. / B. Tech. 4 Academic years comprising of 8 semesters.
- B. E. (Sandwich) 5 Academic years comprising of 10 semesters.
TNEA Examination 2016
The applicant’s will be shortlisted through the score secured in written test. Candidates who
got good merit will get admission in various Engineering Colleges of Tamil Nadu State. Hence students aspiring to join in finest colleges must score good.
The TNEA Examination will be conducted for a total of 200 Marks.
Maths : 100 Marks
Physics + Chemistry : 100 Marks
Total Questions : 200
Total Marks : 200
Duration of Examination : 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Negative Marking : No
Type of Questions : Objective Type
TNEA Syllabus 2016:
Students attempting the TNEA Examination have to prepare the Intermediate / HSC level Maths, Physics and Chemistry subjects thoroughly. The questions will be asked from the Intermediate standard.
How to apply for TNEA Examination 2016?
Candidates aspiring to apply for TNEA Examination can apply either by Online Mode or by Offline Mode. Here we shall keenly observe the process clearly.
Candidates can get the application from the concerned college / can download the application form from the Website of Anna University.
- Students aspiring to apply online can get the application form on Anna University official website, https://www.annauniv.edu/.
- Candidates must fill the application form with all complete information without mistakes.
- Applicants need to pay the application fee of Rs 500/- (if belongs to general category / Rs 250/- if belongs to other) through DD.
- All the Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Candidates must enclose all the necessary Xerox copies of documents like age proof, marks sheets, caste certificate, nativity certificate and all other necessary documents, DD along with application form.
- After that send to the reach of address, The Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai
TNEA 2016 Important Dates
Here are the Tentative Dates with respect to Anna University TNEA Examination. People who are desired to know can check the details.
|Date of notification of TNEA 2016||1st week of May 2016.|
|Date of the issue of application forms for TNEA 2016||1st week of May 2016.|
|Last date of issue of application forms of TNEA 2016||2nd half of May 2016.|
|Last date of Submission of application forms of TNEA 2016||June 4th week/July 1st week 2016|
|Date of TNEA 2016 assignment of random numbers||June 2016 2nd week|
|Publication of rank list||3rd week/4th week of the June 2016|
|Date of counseling and admissions to Tamil Nadu Engineering Colleges||June 4th week to July 2nd week 2016.|