TNPSC Group 4 Selection Procedure: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has issued a notification welcoming applications for the TNPSC Group IV exam 2016. There are 5451 vacancies in posts like Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Typist, Draftsmen, Steno-typist Grade III. The notification was released on 9th August, 2016 and aspirants have already started applying for various posts. Candidates who got qualified in the written followed by interview will be appointed in jobs into Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial, and Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service.
TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
We have recently issued an article on the notification, syllabus and study material. We are here today to share with you the most important selection process of TNPSC group 4. Candidates can get to know about the selection process by going through the official notification. The selection procedure is based purely on the merit shown by the candidates in the written exam and the interview. The selection procedure depends on eligibility criteria too. Candidates are divided into categories based on the quota to which they belong to depending on their qualifications. The age is also considered in the selection process. The things that are considered in the selection process are as follows:
- For Scheduled caste/Arunthanthiyars/Scheduled Tribes/Destitute widows the maximum age limit is 35 years.
- For Backward classes/denotified communities/Muslims the maximum age limit is 32 years.
- For candidates who belong to SC/ST/MBC/DC/BC and BCM maximum age limit is 30 years.
- For persons who are trained in Survey in ITI in the state of TN in the posts of Field Surveyor and Draftsman the maximum age limit is 35 years.
Also Read: TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips
Candidates should have minimum educational qualifications in order to apply for the post. The qualification varies from post to post. The minimum educational qualification for all the posts is SSLC. Candidates who did not pass SSLC exam are not allowed to take the exam. The educational qualification includes:
- Should pass SSLC exam with minimum marks.
- Get a senior grade or junior grade in Tamil
- Get a senior grade or junior grade in English
- Should hold the certificate in course of computer on office automation.
Candidates who got intermediate score in English or Tamil need to check the lower column as it is not considered as higher grade. Likewise, candidates who did not have office automation certification should apply for one.
Selection Process for TNPSC Group 4
The selection process is purely based on the performance of the candidates in the rounds conducted for selection.
- The first round of TNPSC Group 4 is written exam. The written exam will be a bit tough in order to shortlist best candidates.
- The appointments of the final list of candidates will be done considering the vacancies and reservations.
- The first preference will be given to the candidates with good technical qualifications and good grades in Tamil and English.
- If the candidate did not choose the post, second preference goes to candidates with technical qualifications of higher grade in Tamil and lower in English.