UPSC CAPF 2016 Application Form Eligibility Criteria Syllabus
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recently published the announcement and the Application Form for Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) exam on 26th June 2016. This examination is performed for employment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Force composing of Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Norder Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Here we have given the online link to register for CAPF Asst. Commandant in below. Read the post for additional details on the CAPF 2016.
UPSC CAPF 2016
This post of Assistant Commandant is an essential division of Central Police Forces (CPF). Understanding the significance and the want for capable and expert persons for these vacancies the Union Public Service Commission performs UPSC CPF Exam. Also recognized as the Central Police Assistant Commandant Entrance examination this test is a nationwide level civil service examination performed all through the country.
Details of UPSC CAPF 2016
Name of the Organization’s– Union Public Service Commission
Name of the Examination – Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandments) Exam
Name of the Post’s– Assistant Commandants
CAPF Eligibility Criteria 2016
Only Indian citizens can register
Both Male and Female candidates are suitable for selection to the post of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF. However, appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants in ITBP is not supposed for the female applicants.
- Candidates should have the Bachelor’s / Graduate degree from a documented institute is a necessary educational condition.
- Candidates who are attending for their final year graduation examination are allowed to attend for UPSC CPF but are necessary to surrender evidence of passing along with the complete Application Form which is to be submitted after qualifying the written examination medical standards examination and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET).
- Female candidates not eligible to register for BST and ITBP.
The age of the candidates should lie between 20 to 25 years as on 1st August 2016
Applicants will have to have the least physical standards as to be specified in the certified notification.
- For OBC candidates the application pay should be Rs. 100/-
- For all reserved candidates is no need to pay any fee.
- The fee should be paid by bank challan or by depositing or SBI cash or Debit/ Credit /Internet banking by in any branch the money by through the SBI Hyderabad/ Mysore/ Patial/ Jaipur and Baikner
- Candidates who choose the “ Pay by cash” should print the paid copy generated by system while Part 2 registration and deposit the money through SBI bank on the next working day only.
The section Process consists on the three stages
- Written Test
- Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Test
- Personal Interview
The Minimum requirements for the applicant are as follows:-
Chest (unexpanded):- 81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)
Weight: – 50 kg
Height: – 157 cm
How to apply online of UPSC CAPF 2016 Exam?
- Login to the official website of UPSC
- Search for apply online link
- Read the guidelines carefully
- Click on the registration button
- Enter the required details without mistakes.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature
- Check the details in the application
- Print bank challan
- Pay or deposit the fee in SBI bank
- Then update the fee receipt on the official page
- Print the confirmation page
- Submit it to the District Education officer
Issue of advertisement and application form 12 March 2016
Date of closure of the application form 08 April 2016
Date of the Exam 26 June 2016
Announcement of result September 2016
Interviews/ Personality test November 2016
Duration of the Exam: 1 day
UPSC CAPF 2016 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Syllabus for Part I
General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Attitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science
Current Events of National and International Importance
- Current affairs of national and international importance in culture, music, arts, sports, governance, industry, development, business, globalisation and developmental issues.
Indian Politics and Economy
- India’s Political System
- Constitution of India
- Social System and Public Administration
- Economic Development in India
- Regional and International Issues
History of India
- Indian Independence Movement and British Government
- Religions (Islam,Jainism, Maratha, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism)
- Religious organizations and related personalities
- Mughal Empire
India and World Geography: This segment will enclose questions about physical, social and economic characteristics of geography pertaining to India and the world.
General Studies and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions are extended answer which is to be answered in also Hindi or English totalling 80 Marks. The symptomatic topics are modern Indian history particularly of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, Knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications or language skills are to be efforted in English only (Marks 120). The topics are Comprehension Passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Exam Paper Pattern
General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) kind in which the questions will be place in English as well as Hindi.
General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
In this paper applicants will be allowed the alternative of writing the Essay part in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precise Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications or language skills will be English only.
Negative marking for the incorrect answers is 1/3 marks of your whole marks.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
100 Meters race – in 16 seconds
800 Meters race – In 3 minutes 45 seconds
Long Jump – 3.5 Meters (3 chances)
Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters
100 Meters race – in 18 seconds
800 Meters race – in 4 minutes 45 seconds
Long Jump – 3.0 meters (3 chances)
Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi – 110 069
Facilitation Counter: 011-23098543
Online Recruitment Application & Admit Card: 011-23385176
Admit Card (Examination): 011-23098543
Notification Query: Online Application: 011-23098543
Online Exam Applications Technical Query: 011-23388088
Important Links :