Current Affairs 2nd February 2016
For friends who are attempting the competitive examinations like bank examinations, railway examinations, civils and other competitive tests we are decided to spare you some GK Bits / Daily current affairs. Hence all the friends can fallow us to update their knowledge in GA/ GK section.
Archana Ramasundram has became 1st woman DG of Sashastra Seema Bal
- Senior IPS officer Archana Ramasundram (58) was designated as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). With this, she turned out to be first lady cop to lead a focal police drive that protects the nation’s worldwide outskirts.
- She will be in office till the date of her superannuation 30 September 2016. Before this arrangement, she was the Director of New Delhi based National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). She is 1980-cluster IPS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre.
- Sashastra Seema Bal SSB is one of India’s Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). It was once in the past known as the Special Service Bureau. Set up: 1963 after the Sino-Indian War.
- Maxim: Service, Security and Brotherhood.
- Home office: New Delhi.
- Expert locales: National outskirt watch, security, and trustworthiness.
- It is depended with guarding the nation’s outskirts with Nepal and Bhutan. Right now, SSB is under the authoritative control of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- SSB is regularly alluded to as a paramilitary drive however it is not one of the three authoritatively characterized paramilitary strengths of India. Three powers are Assam Rifles, Special Frontier Force and Indian Coast Guard.
RBI rates unaffected in 6th bi-monthly monetary policy review
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its 6th bi-month to month money related strategy audit for year 2016 has kept up the present state of affairs in key approach loan fee. The key strategy loan fees were kept unaltered on the premise of an evaluation of the current and advancing macroeconomic circumstance in the nation.
- RBI has kept its position on the credit arrangement accommodative. Key strategy rates are Repo rate under the liquidity change office (LAF): unaltered at 6.75 for each penny.
- Reverse repo rate under the LAF: unaltered at 5.75 for each penny. Minimal standing office (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate has unaltered at 7.75 for every penny.
- Money Reserve Ratio (CRR) of planned banks: Unchanged at 4.0 for every penny of net request and time obligation (NDTL).
- Continuation of liquidity in overnight repos at 0.25 for each penny of bank-wise NDTL at the LAF repo rate. Continuation of liquidity under 14-day term repos and additionally more term repos of up to 0.75 for every penny of NDTL of the saving money framework through barters.
- RBI projections In Financial Year (FY) 2016 development will be at 7.4% with descending inclination and FY17 development at 7.6 % in spite of headwinds. Swelling will be around 5% for FY 16-17 because of good rainstorm projections that can pull the expansion down.
- The swelling rate has advanced nearly along the direction set by the money related arrangement position of RBI.
WHO announces Zika virus eruption as International Emergency
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has pronounced a universal general wellbeing crisis over the dangerous spread of the mosquito-borne Zika infection. It was declared after WHO’s crisis meeting of autonomous specialists headed by WHO Director-General Margaret Chan.
- The meeting was met in Geneva, Switzerland to survey the episode of the infection which is connected to conception deformities in the Americas. Key actualities Deceleration of universal crisis implies that there is underscoring earnestness of flare-up and needs a planned worldwide reaction and more noteworthy thoughtfulness regarding stop it.
- WHO has anticipated that around four million individuals might be tainted with Zika infection in the Americas (South and North America). This is the fourth time the WHO has announced a worldwide general wellbeing crisis. Prior, the UN Health organization had proclaimed two crises in 2014 for the lethal Ebola flare-up in West Africa and a resurgence of polio in Syria and different nations.
- In 2009, the primary crisis was announced after the H1N1 swine influenza pandemic. About Zika infection Zika infection is a mosquito-borne infection transmitted by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. It is close cousin of other vector-borne illnesses like Dengue, Chikungunya and Yellow Fever transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes.
- The infection was initially recognized in 1947 in Uganda and its name has been gotten from Zika Forest. Transmission: Zika infection is not infectious but rather it is for the most part transmitted by daytime-dynamic Aedes aegypti mosquitoes after it nibbles somebody tainted with the infection and transmit it by gnawing another human.
- The Common side effects: Headache, rash, gentle fever, muscle and joint torment, pinkeye and aggravation of the underside of the eyelid. It causes neurological disarranges and fetal misshapening known as Microcephaly in which newborn children are conceived with unusually littler heads that can bring about mind harm.
- Treatment and Prevention: There is no particular treatment or antibody as of now accessible. The best type of anticipation is insurance against mosquito nibbles and clearing stagnant water where mosquitoes breed.