How to Prepare for IBPS Probationary Officer PO Exam : IBPS conducts recruitment examination and interview for recruiting Probationary Officers to be appointed in various public and nationalized banks throughout the country. Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for IBPS PO exam, and before going to examination, they search for preparation tips. Here we bring all the preparation guides and tips for IBPS PO examination which you need to follow for acquiring sure shot success. Yes!
How to Prepare for IBPS Probationary Officer PO Exam :
Well, all public sector banks recruit through IBPS except State Bank Of Indi(SBI) and its associated banks via Common Written Examination(CWE) followed by an Interview phase. Almost 15 lakh students appear each year, and students are shortlisted based on their marks in written test and interview. So, are you ready to explore the preparation mantra of IBPS PO exam? Yeah here it comes.
Exam Pattern And Time Management – How to Prepare for IBPS Probationary Officer PO Exam :
- Exam Stages:
- Preliminary Exam(Written Exam Of 1Hour Duration).
- Mains Exam(Written Exam Of 2Hours Duration).
- Subject-Wise Topics And Time Allotment- Preliminary Exam(100 Marks & 60 Minutes in Total):
- Reasoning Ability(Total 35 Marks): Try to finish this section within 15 Minutes/20 Minutes Maximum.
- Quantitative Aptitude(Total 35 Marks): Try this section at the last. Dedicate at least 25 Minutes to this section.
- English Language(Total 30 Marks): Finish this section within 15 minutes.
- Note: Try to finish the English Paper First, then switch to Reasoning section. The remaining time, you can try out to solve aptitude section questions. At last, keep at least 5 minutes in hand to revise up the things.
- Subject-Wise Topics And Time Allotment- Mains Exam(200 Marks & 120 Minutes in Total):
- Reasoning(Total 50 Marks): Try to finish this section within 30 Minutes/35 Minutes Maximum.
- English/Hindi Language(Total 40 Marks): This section can easily be completed in 20 Minutes.
- General Awareness(Total 40 Marks): Try to complete this section in 15 Minutes.
- Quantitative Aptitude(Total 50 Marks): Try this section at the last. Dedicate at least 40 Minutes to this section.
- Computer Knowledge(Total 20 Marks): Anyhow try to complete this section in 10 Minutes.
- Note: Try to finish the English Paper First, then switch to Reasoning section, and then quickly finish the Computer section. The remaining time, you can try out to solve aptitude section questions and trying out General Awareness questions. At last, keep at least 5 minutes in hand to revise up the things.
Subject Wise Assessment- TipsTo Crack IBPS Probationary Officer PO Exam :
- This section will test your spot thinking and presence of mind.
- Topics: Syllogism, Inequality, Coding – Decoding, Miscellaneous questions – (Input/output, Blood relation, Alphanumeric Series, Direction, Ranking, etc.) & Seating Arrangement/ Puzzle.
- General Awareness:
- If you read newspaper daily, then definitely you will be able to answer all the questions in this section.
- Topics: Current Affairs (Latest News) from Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Awards & Honours Sports, Finance, Agriculture etc. History of Banking, current affairs of last 6 months, countries / currencies, Books & Their Authors, Banking Terms,RBI, Fiscal Monetary Policies etc.
- Note: Thoroughly study Banking Sector General Topics.
- Quantitative Ability:
- In this section, you will be tested with your mathematics skills up to class 10/Matriculation Level.
- Topics:Simplification –Data Interpretation– Questions on Data Interpretation, Number series and Miscellaneous questions – Average, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Boats & Streams, etc.
- Note: Attempt the questions in this section at last, and be cool while marking the answers.
- English/Hindi Language:
- Basic knowledge on the language will be tested in this section.
- Important Topics: [For English- Fill in the Blanks, Cloze test, Spotting the Error, Para-jumbles & Reading Comprehension], [For Hindi- Antonym, Synonym, Cloze Test & comprehension reading]
- Note: Candidates opting for Hindi will be advantageous, because it takes less time to solve the questions
- Computer Knowledge:
- This section will test your basic knowledge about Computers.
- Topics: Basic computer terminology, Software & Hardware questions, Computer abbreviation, DataBase Management System (DBMS) ,Microsoft-office, Basic knowledge of Internet use etc.
Books To Be Considered – Tips To Prepare For IBPS Probationary Officer PO Exam :
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Quantitative Aptitude Book By RS Aggarwal [Best In the market].
- Verbal and non verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
- Wren & Martin English Grammar Book.
- Kiran Prakashan’s Bank PO Book.
- General Awareness:
- India 2015, by Govt of India.
- Computer Knowledge:
- Computer Awareness Reference Manual for IBPS’ CWE
- Mock Tests:
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Experts.
- IBPS CWE PO/MT IV Solved Papers
- Click Here For Online Mock Test
General Useful Tips – IBPS Specialist Officer Exam 2016 :
- Try to read newspapers like The Hindu, Times Of India daily. Try to see news channels.
- Prepare a note which depicts all the important topics to help you in the time of revision.
- Time Management is very essential. So, manage the time according to your skill and ability.
- Dress Well, and be confident while attending interview.
- Revise well before going to attend written exam/interview.
- Stay Focused and You can do it for sure. Yes you!
All The Best!