Current Affairs 06th May 2016
General Awareness / Current Affairs is the important topic of any competitive examination. Hence all the aspirants preparing for IBPS, CEW, PO, and other examinations can download the current affairs. Here we are uploading daily current affairs on our page.
Current Affairs 06th May 2016
Lok Sabha passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015
- The Lok Sabha has consistently passed Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015 by a voice vote.
- The code tries to guarantee time-bound settlement of indebtedness, quicker turnaround of organizations and make a brought together information base of serial defaulters.
Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba named as Chief of the Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba (58) has been named as next Chief of the Naval Staff. He will be 23rd head of Indian Navy and 21st as an Indian.
- He will expect the charge on 31 May 2016 and might have full three-year-term in office till 31 May 2019. He will succeed officeholder Navy Chief Admiral Robin K. Dhowan, who will superannuate from the post on 31 May 2016.
Kumar Rajesh Chandra designated as Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
- Senior IPS officer Kumar Rajesh Chandra was designated as Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), the aeronautics security wing of the Government.
- His arrangement was cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) managed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He has been selected set up of IPS officer G S Malhi, who had finished his residency as BCAS boss in November 2012.
- From that point forward pivotal post was lying empty. Kumar Rajesh Chandra is IPS officer of a 1985 bunch of Bihar framework. Preceding this arrangement, Chandra was acting as Additional Director General (Modernisation) of Bihar Police.
Seven Indian shuttlers meet all requirements for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Seven Indian shuttlers (Badminton players) have authoritatively earned the capability for the imminent Rio Olympics planned to be held in August 2016 in Brazil.
- They are Saina Nehwal, K. Srikanth, PV Sindhu, Manu Attri , Ashwini Ponnappa, Jwala Gutta, and B Sumeeth Reddy.
- The sets of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa and Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy qualified after the arrival of most recent BWF world rankings. Saina Nehwal who won a Bronze award in the 2012 London Olympics, will speak to India for the third time, while Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa will figure in Olympics for second time.
- Srikanth and PV Sindhu are taking an interest surprisingly at the Olympic stage. Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy additionally are set to speak to the nation in their lady Games.
- It is likewise the first run through India will have two Women’s Singles players – Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu at the Olympics. An aggregate of 172 shuttlers have made it to the Rio Olympics Games.
Bangladesh Government offers gesture to Reliance Power’s LNG-based plant
- Bangladesh Government has given its on a fundamental level endorsement to Anil Ambani-drove Reliance Power’s first period of the 3,000 MW LNG-based force plant at Meghnaghat in Narayanganj locale.
- This endorsement has prepared for the biggest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Bangladesh with a potential venture of more than 8,700 crore rupees (1.3 billion dollars).
Indian creator Parashar Kulkarni wins 2016 Commonwealth Short Story Regional Prize
- Indian creator Parashar Kulkarni has won the territorial Commonwealth Short Story Prize for 2016 for the Asia district. He was presented with this recompense for his politically grounded, interesting fiction story ‘Bovine and Company’ around four men looking for dairy animals.
- The short story was pronounced the ‘best bit of unpublished short fiction in English’ from Asia and will get 2500 pounds prize. Presently Parashar Kulkarni will rival victors from other four districts Africa, Carribbean, Cananda and Europe, and the Pacific – for the 5000 pounds great prize to be reported at the Calabash International Literary Festival in Jamaica in June 2016.
- For this prize, three creators other than Kulkarni were chosen from India. They are Kritika Pandey (Dirty White Strings), Sumit Ray (Girdhar’s Mansion) and Vinayak Varma (Instant Karma).
- Parashar Kulkarni is an Assistant Professor in Social Sciences at Yale NUS College Singapore.