Current Affairs 29th April 2016
Current affairs / General Awareness is the most important topic in competitive examination point of view. Most of the present day examinations like IBPS, Railways and other examinations are making a stress on current affairs to test the competitor’s skills and abilities. Hence the competitors must mainly focus on GK Bits to enhance the score in examinations.
Current Affairs 29th April 2016
PM Narendra Modi to address US Congress on June 8
- Head administrator Narendra Modi has been welcome to address a joint meeting of the United States (US) Congress on June 8, 2016 amid his visit to the US. He was welcomed by President Barack Obama for a two-sided visit amid the fourth atomic summit.
- It was reported by the Speaker of the US House of Representative Paul Ryan. PM Narendra Modi will be the fifth Indian Prime Minister to address a joint meeting of Congress, and the first since 2005. Prior, Prime Ministers Rajiv Gandhi (July 13, 1985), P V Narasimha Rao (May 18, 1994), Atal Bihari Vajpayee (September 14, 2000) and Manmohan Singh (July 19, 2005) had tended to the joint meeting of the US Congress.
- It ought to be noticed that the custom of outside pioneers and dignitaries tending to US Congress started with the Marquis de Lafayette, a French blue-blood and military officer. He had tended to the House Chamber on December 10, 1824.
Parliament passes Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015
- The Parliament has passed the Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015. The Bill alters the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951.
- It was first was gone in Lok Sabha in December 2015 and later in Rajya Sabha in April 2016. Presently it will go for Presidential consent according to Article 111 of the Indian Constitution.
Indian Naval Ships Veer and Nipat decommissioned
- Indian Naval Ships (INS) Veer and Nipat were decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The decommissioning service of these boats was held within the sight of Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command.
Indian Academician Radha Kumar delegated to UN University Council
- Indian academician Radha Kumar was delegated as United Nation’s University Council alongside other 11 individuals by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- They will serve for terms of either three or six years and should detail its standards and approaches, consider and favor biennial spending plan and work program.
EC dispatches versatile application e-voter for Kerala gathering surveys
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has dispatched a creative versatile application titled e-voter with far reaching insights about the approaching 2016 Assembly surveys in Kerala.
- The application is visualized for voters’ help for inquiry in constituent move, data with respect to hopefuls, area of surveying station, sworn statement documented by them, recording of dissension et cetera.
Russia dispatches first rocket from new Vostochny Cosmodrome
- Russia has effectively propelled the main rocket from its recently assembled Vostochny Cosmodrome in the Amur Oblast, in Russian Far East district flanking China.
- The unmanned Soyuz-2.1a rocket is conveying three satellites as payloads to be specific Mikhailo Lomonosov (investigative satellite), SamSat-218 (an exploratory nanosatellite) and Aist-2D (a non military personnel separation seeing satellite). Vostochny Cosmodrome is a Russian spaceport for non military personnel dispatches under development after it was propelled in 2012.
- On culmination in 2018, it will decrease Russia’s reliance on the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. Right away, Russia has the extensive military dispatch offices yet it depends essentially on the Baikonur Cosmodrome for the regular citizen dispatches.
Leave a Reply