Current Affairs 21st April 2016
Current Affairs / General awareness is the main part of competitive examinations like IBPS, RRB, Civils, IAS, IPS, Etc. The Competition for Government examinations has been increasing in a great manner. Year by year lots of students were attempting the competitive examinations. To shortlist the candidates the examinations are stressing out on the questions in little complicated way. Hence aspirants attempting the examinations like Bank Tests, Railway tests etc must focus on General awareness / GK Bits. It is the scoring part of the examination.
Current Affairs 21st April 2016
2016 Pulitzer Prize Winners
- The Sympathizer, an introduction novel of Vietnamese American educator Viet Thanh Nguyen has won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- While, Associated Press has won two prestigious Pulitzer prize in Public Service for scope for an examination of extreme work manhandle attached to the supply of fish to American grocery stores and eateries.
Union Cabinet endorses consenting to the Paris Arrangement received at 21st CoP
- The Union Cabinet gave its endorsement for consenting to the Paris Arrangement embraced at the 21st Conference of Parties of UNFCCC held in Paris in December 2015. In such manner, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar will consent to the arrangement for the benefit of India.
- The Paris Agreement on environmental change is considered as a turning point in worldwide atmosphere collaboration.
- It is intended to improve the execution of the Convention and perceives the standards of normal yet separated obligations, value and particular capacities in the light of various national circumstances.
India, China concur for serene transactions to settle fringe issue
- India and China have consented to stick to tranquil transactions to settle the outskirt issue and achieve a reasonable, sensible and commonly satisfactory arrangement.
- Choice in such manner was taken amid the yearly nineteenth round of limit talks between National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajit Doval and his Chinese partner Yang Jiechi at Beijing.
Europe turns into world’s first area to end intestinal sickness: WHO
- Europe has turned into the world’s first area to wipe out Malaria, a mosquito-borne vetor illness with zero cases reported in the year 2015.
- It was uncovered by the World Health Organization (WHO) in its World Malaria Report 2015. Specific district or nation is announced Malaria free by WHO after it has zero privately procured jungle fever cases for no less than three back to back years.
Union Cabinet offers gesture to extension of India-Chile Preferential Trade Agreement
- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement for extension of India-Chile Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) between both nations.
- Choice in such manner was taken by the Union Cabinet meeting led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Union Cabinet offers gesture to operationalisation of IISER Tirupati
- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement for operationalisation of new Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- The operationalisation IISER Tirupati will initiate from the Academic Year of 2015-16 from a travel or interim grounds.