Current Affairs 28th April 2016
Current Affairs / General Awareness is the key section of any of the competitive examinations like IBPS, CWE, RRB and others. Hence the aspirants who are clashing with the today’s competition must be getting ready to crack the competition, it is possible with having grip on GK / GA. Candidates can secure good rank effortlessly if they have good grip on current affairs. Hence for the aspirants we are providing the daily current affairs on our page.
Current Affairs 28th April 2016
Deepika Kumari measures up to world record in recurve occasion at Archery World Cup
- India’s Deepika Kumari has equalled the world record in Women’s Recurve occasion at the qualifying phase of Archery World Cup held in Shanghai, China.
- Deepika recorded a score of 686 out of 720 to complete first in qualifiers and equivalent the world. With this she equalled the record set by South Korea’s Ki Boe Bae at the World University Games in Gwangju in 2015.
- Deepika has officially met all requirements for the 2016 Rio Olympics planned to be held in August 2016 with her execution at the Copenhagen World Championships in 2015.
- In the past releases of the World Cup, Deepika had won silver awards continuously in 2011, 2012 and 2013 in the ladies’ individual occasions.
Union Cabinet affirms MoU amongst India and Papua New Guinea in wellbeing region and restorative science
- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst India and Papua New Guinea on participation in the field of Healthcare and Medical Science.
- Choice in such manner was taken by Union Cabinet meeting led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The reciprocal MoU will empower participation between the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India and Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS of the Papua New Guinea.
- Under it, joint activities in the wellbeing division will be built up which will fortify two-sided ties amongst India and Papua New Guinea.
Union Cabinet offers gesture to BPCL’s venture improvement in Oman Refineries
- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement to improve venture by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) in Bharat Oman Refineries Limited (BORL).
- With this, the venture measure of BPCL could be improved upto a most extreme of 3000 crore rupees by method for membership of convertible warrants or different instruments.
- The implantation of assets by the BPCLs will Enable development of Bina Refinery in Madhya Pradesh and defeat the suggestions because of the disintegration of the total assets.
- Improve the accessibility of petroleum items in the Northern and Central parts of the nation. It will likewise improve modern advancement of Madhya Pradesh and generous increment in vocation and assessment income in the State.
Union Cabinet offers gesture to MoU amongst IRDAI and Insurance Authority of UAE
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto endorsement for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Insurance Authority of United Arab Emirates.
- Choice in such manner was taken by the Union Cabinet meeting led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The MoU was marked in February, 2016.
Union Government permits states to put stock holding limits on sugar
- The Union Government has chosen to permit States to force and authorize stock points of confinement on sugar keeping in mind the end goal to check the value ascent of sweetener in the business sector.
- The choice to bring sugar under the domain of stock holding limits on merchants of sugar was taken in Union Cabinet meeting led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Eminent Kerala Cartoon artist V T Thomas passes away
- Eminent Kerala Cartoon artist V T Thomas passed away after a brief sickness at in Kottayam, Kerala. He was 86.
- He was prominently known as Toms and had made the fabulous toon characters Boban and Molly (Bobanum Moliyum).